Aha! is a very different type of high-growth SaaS company. We are self-funded, highly profitable, and 100 percent remote. We provide the world’s #1 product development software so teams can build products that customers love. More than 600,000 product builders use our suite of tools which includes Aha! Roadmaps, Aha! Ideas, Aha! Create, and Aha! Develop. And they rely on our training programs via Aha! Academy to become product development experts. We are recognized as one of the best fully remote companies to work for, champion the Bootstrap Movement, and have given over $1M to people in need through Aha! Cares. Learn more at www.aha.io.
The Aha! marketing team is a highly collaborative group of experts across creative, digital, content, communications, and product marketing disciplines. We work within North American time zones so we can easily meet live on video and achieve more together.
- We drive growth: Aha! does not have a sales team — marketing is responsible for increasing awareness and trial sign-ups.
- We give big effort: We work exceptionally hard and fast, constantly producing content that engages new customers and brings value to existing ones.
- We are curious: We seek to better understand our market, customers, and products so we can clearly articulate the unique value of what we offer.
- We have fun: We care deeply about our teammates, always making time to celebrate, support, and laugh with each other.
- We enjoy: We like what we do. And we want you to love your job too. Learn more about The Responsive Method, our company values, and the generous benefits we offer.
The marketing team is responsible for driving customer growth and expanding company awareness. We are fortunate to be the category leader in product development software. And we are highly respected for building a totally different type of SaaS company.
The Creative Director is responsible for leading our talented in-house agency of creatives to produce all marketing materials, including www.aha.io, advertising campaigns, marketing videos, and other supporting materials. You will also be responsible for helping to guide the look and feel of our distinct brand.
The goal of the Creative Director is to deliver campaign concepts and creative assets that continue to differentiate the company and meet the needs of the business. The creative team’s efforts will ensure customers, colleagues, and the broader market continues to be inspired by what we are building.
We do our planning and collaboration in Aha! Roadmaps. We are power users of our own software, often providing feedback and suggestions for improvements that are shipped to customers too. We use Slack and Zoom for video calls. (Email? Rarely.)
We are looking for a leader with 10+ years of experience in creative roles serving market-leading SaaS businesses with 3+ years managing teams as a Creative Director.
You are naturally drawn to fast-moving action. You are an expert at establishing the visual identity and emotion of brands so they stand out in crowded marketplaces. You understand that an integrated marketing campaign is more than just a display ad and a landing page. Your marketing campaigns and websites draw people in. They have a strong point-of-view that draws attention while remaining distinctly on-brand and on-message. You make brand stories come to life.
As importantly, you orchestrate all of the creative arts together with a team — design, graphics, video, copy, and more — to create a compelling overall composition. You have effectively managed teams to exceptional success on tight timelines. You are a results-driven leader who continuously applies your expertise to improve business performance.
You are a player-coach and love to be involved in the work. You seek feedback and enjoy each phase of the creative process. You are happy to take the lead in creating assets — whether in visual arts, copy, or both. You have both an active imagination and uncanny attention to detail.
If this sounds like you, we want to meet you!
Your work at Aha!
The Creative Director reports to the VP of Marketing. As Creative Director, your responsibilities will include:
- Drive the creative execution of Aha! websites, landing pages, advertisements, marketing videos, marketing brochures, and other assets
- Guide the visual brand identity of Aha!
- Manage an in-house creative team that includes web design, graphic design, and video
- Craft and refine creative briefs
- Lead the creation and ongoing management of integrated marketing campaigns
- Contribute ideas and guidance for copy in advertisements, high-volume web pages, and other high-profile marketing assets
- Conduct creative sessions with a broader team to identify breakthrough creative concepts
- Partner with marketing leadership peers to understand business needs, prioritize work, and identify new capabilities required of the creative team
- Partner with product and UX leadership to maintain design consistency across the entire company
- Embrace feedback throughout the creative and production process and iterate quickly
- Foster a team culture that reflects our core values
If the Creative Director role sounds appealing, we would love to hear from you. (A real human reviews every application.)
Grow with us
Everyone deserves to reach their fullest potential. When we do work that matters with people we care about in a high-growth environment, we feel engaged and alive. And our goal is to help you do just that. We offer all the benefits you would expect and more, including profit sharing. The specific benefits listed below are reflective of what we offer U.S.-based hires. We also do our best to extend identical benefits to international teammates.
- The base salary range for this role in the US is between $150,000 and $220,000
- Cash-based compensation also includes profit sharing and we contribute a percentage of your total pay each month towards your retirement
- Medical, dental, and vision plans — for many teammates, we cover 100 percent of the premiums
- Up to 200 hours of paid time off a year to spend however you want
- 30 to 90 days of paid parental leave and five to 10 days of paid care and bereavement leave
- Up to $1,000 annually for third-party education, along with paid time off to immerse yourself in learning
- Volunteer opportunities throughout the year
Base salary and total compensation are dependent upon many factors, such as: skills, experience, and relevant past roles